In this article we will explain how to delete temporary file from windows 8 or 8.1 with simple example.
These instructions apply for both windows 8 and 8.1 systems. Before you continue with these sets of instructions, please log in as an Administrator and exit any running programs.
Delete using Windows Explorer
To delete the temporary files and folders on a Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 computer, using the Windows Explorer, follow these steps:
- Click Start and
%temp%in the search box
- The press on your keyboard to open the Temp folder.
- At the View tab, click Hidden items
- You need to select all files and folders from the Temp folder. You can do that by:
- By pressing + , then press + keys on your keyboard. This will delete all the files and folders you’ve selected.
- You can also right-click on these files and folders and then click Delete. If you opt for this method, empty the Recycle Bin afterwards.
- Click Yes to confirm your action
Delete using Disk Cleanup
If you’d like to delete the temporary files and folders using Disk Cleanup (which can delete other unnecessary files from your computer), follow these steps.
- Click Settings
- Go to Control Panel
- At the Administrative Tools section, click Disk Cleanup
- Select the Temporary files option
- Click OK
- Click Delete Files to confirm
Or, you can open the Charm Bar:
- Open Search by pressing the and keys
- Then type disk cleanup in the search field
- Then press on your keyboard
- The Disk Cleanup window should appear
I hope it will help to you.