In his article i will provide 13 topics to increase you website rank and get more traffic.
Search Engine Optimization is a very popular topic on the World Wide Web. After-all, everybody wants to higher rank and come up on the first page of Google search and get more traffic.
I have identified and made a list of top 13 SEO practices that I tend to forget quite often. These simple SEO techniques, if practiced properly, can make a significant difference as to how my pages are ranked in the Search Engine Queries.
1. Use proper anchor text for inter-links. Don’t use “here”, “there” etc for the anchor text (if you can avoid it).
2. Optimize the images, always create alt tags and write description in the alt tag.
3. Use search engine friendly permalinks. Try not to have too many ‘&’, ‘?’, ‘!’ etc characters in the URL. Sometimes it is unavoidable but try to keep it to a minimum.
4. Use hyphens (-) between words to improve readability.
5. Do not use underscores (_) in URLs, use hyphens (-) instead.
6. Avoid using capital letters in URLs. Windows servers are case sensitive. Keep them lowercase so there’s no confusion.
7. Use internal linking when possible and appropriate.
8. Use sticky posts (if you can and if it applies to you).
9. Have a category description paragraph.
10. Use rel=”nofollow” tag on low value links to not pass the page rank juice. For example “Read the rest of the entry”, “About”, “Contact” etc.
11. Use sub-directories rather than sub-domains when possible. Sub-domains do not share link love from the main domain as it is treated as a different domain.
12. Research the target audience and aim the site content appropriately.
13. Keep the content up to date. Visitors don’t like outdated content. Updating the content frequently also attracts the Search engines spiders to index the web pages frequently.